This delicious bake is spicy, makes for great leftovers and is gluten free. The dairy makes it not paleo friendly, but for veggies you can easily sub cubed tofu for the chicken. Prep time is about 20 minutes.
1 cup of dry quinoa
1 cup of bone broth or veggie stock
1/2 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed.
2 cups of Kale chopped
1-2 cups of pulled chicken
1 10-12oz jar of tomatillo salsa
1 4.5 oz can of mild chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella and 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar
2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree. Cook the quinoa as directed in 1 cup of water and the broth.
2. In a large bowl combine the beans, salsa, chilies, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and kale.
3. We used a small rotisserie chicken to cut down on our prep time and make sure it was tender enough to pull. Carve off all the meat and remove the skin. Pull and tear the chicken into small bite size shreds. You can prep your own chicken as well, but it might be good to do this beforehand. Put the chicken in the large bowl and stir.
4. Combine the cooked quinoa in with the rest of your ingredients. Then add 1/2 cup of mozz and 1/2 cup of cheddar. Stir well.
5. Grease a 3qt casserole dish or baking pan. Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.