Miso-Braised Butternut Squash
This recipe is a long standing Fall favorite for Swans. It comes from Vegetarian times Oct 2011! We love using South River Miso in this recipe. South River has lots of flavors, some are soy free and it's organic.
This subtly flavored, comforting dish is perfect on a chilly fall evening. Miso adds a savory depth to the braising liquid, which coats the sweet squash chunks.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup sweet white miso
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
1. Place squash in large, deep skillet.
2. Whisk together broth, coconut milk, miso, ginger, and garlic in bowl. Pour over squash, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and braise 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash has softened and liquid has become thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.